A #H2020 multi-disciplinary international collaboration to develop research-led, practice-based solutions to address challenges faced in the Arctic.
- Buzludzha monument: sustainable cultural tourism plan
Through ICOMOS International Cultural Tourism Committee (ICTC), the project aimed to develop a sustainable cultural tourism plan to support destination development at the Buzludzha Monument in central Bulgaria. The monument is a dissonant aspect of cultural heritage that aims to align with the other layers of the tourism offer developed in the municipality of Kazanlak.
- Historic England’s future engagement with ICH
This project was a collaboration between WSP Cultural Heritage & Archaeology and Touch TD involving interviews and desk research through the offices of Historic England. The purpose of the project was to advise Historic England on how it can engage most appropriately and effectively in the development of thinking and activity related to Intangible Cultural Heritage (ICH)
- Evaluation of project ‘Rural Craft & Cultural Hubs in West Bengal’ – for UNESCO New Delhi Cluster Office
Final Evaluation of the project “Development of Rural Craft and Cultural Hubs in West Bengal to support inter-generational transmission of rural craft and performing arts” for UNESCO New Delhi cluster office
- Expanding Lake Ohrid UNESCO WHS
The project was designed to address the expansion of the mixed natural and cultural heritage around Lake Ohrid region shared between Albania and North Macedonia. It strengthened trans-boundary cooperaion over the region’s cultural and natural heritage, helping recognize and profile the trans-boundary area by asesessing its values and sustainable development opportunies.
- HS2 : COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT With ARCHAEOLOGY & THE HISTORIC ENVIRONMENT
Touch TD delivered aspects of community engagement as related to archaeology & heritage sites and historic landscapes along the HS2 route in the West Midlands.
- Community based destination management, Turkey
The project contributed to developing a strategy and the tools for the practical implementation of sustainable community based destination management in Kemaliye, Turkey.
- Training civil society in documenting and safeguarding intangible cultural heritage
Funded by the British Council’s Cultural Protection Fund, the aim of the project was to train people in the Upper Tigris Valley to document and safeguard intangible cultural heritage expressions.
- Developing pilot projects for sustainable community development
Developing national and local capacities for planning and implementation of sustainable community based tourism in Turkey.
- Public Art and Regeneration in Tbilisi, Georgia
Artistic and cultural action in public space and the recuperation of public spaces for art, culture and urban residents.
- Training and Capacity Building for EH4
Organise training, capacity building and thematic seminars for participating projects and heritage professionals.
- Capacity Building For Sustainable Tourism Development In Ethiopia
Develop tourism strategies and post-graduate curricula in Ethiopia.
- ICH-based Village Tourism in West Bengal
Sustainable livelihood generation, including support for the development of a village tourism product based on traditional arts (such as folk painting) and intangible cultural heritage trails.
- Training for Cultural Tourism Management, Iran
Equip tourism managers to develop and manage infrastructure for international tourism following a national decision to prioritise cultural tourism development.
- UNESCO Strategic Programme Evaluation
Deliver the Intangible Cultural Heritage component of the evaluation.
- Cultural tourism strategy, Montenegro
Develop a strategy for increasing visitors and length of stay in the former royal capital.
- ICH and Regeneration in Qazvin, Iran
Develop a design for an oral history centre, as part of a wider aim to regenerate the abandoned historic core of the city.
- Village Tourism in Cyprus: Building Cooperation and Convergence
The aim of the project was to create an implementation strategy for the product development and marketing of environmentally and culturally sensitive village tourism in Cyprus.
- Mediterranean Voices
Create a multimedia database of the intangible heritage of the Mediterranean’s changing urban spaces, leading to collaborative links and sustainable tourism initiatives across the network of cities.